Why Does a Thief Want My Car or What's in it?
You may have chosen your vehicle because of the way it drives, the way its
looks, its comfort or its features. But a thief, first and foremost,
wants your car because of the money to be made at chop shops, where
your car is literally stripped of its most valuable components, which
are then sold on the black market.
Also, one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States is Identity Theft...you've
probably heard about it in the news. It may even have happened to
someone you know. The latest crime is for thieves to break into your
vehicle and steal information from a typical vehicle owners glove box
such as a vehicle registration, insurance cards and possible credit
card reciepts that contains your home address and other private
information, these can all be used to steal your identity. Bottom
Line...the thieves aren't after your vehicle for the same reasons you
chose it. They choose vehicles because of it's profit potential.
Mobiletrace provides the following benefits to protect your vehice and its contents
- Take measures to ensure vehicle safety and theft prevention.
- Obtain early indication of a possible vehicle theft or break-in, improving response time.
- Provide valuable information to the appropriate authorities to help recover stolen vehicles.
- Know your vehicle’s activities by receiving notifications via text messaging, email, pager or cell phone.
- Have peace of mind while loved ones are on the road with the ability to access your vehicle’s location 24/7 via the Internet.
- Know when the driver (i.e., your teenage son or daughter) of your vehicle is driving at excessive speeds.
- Know the street-level location of your vehicle in virtual real-time throughout North America.
- Get into your vehicle anytime, anywhere without keys by remotely unlocking your vehicle*
- Remote Start your vehicle on cold winter or hot summer days*
- Have the ability to choose the vehicle notifications you want to receive depending on your activities.
- Obtain possible lower vehicle insurance premiums when you have Mobiletrace.
Mobiletrace Meets the Highest Requirements of the National Insurance Crime Bureau Recommendations
The National Insurance Crime Bureau recommends a four-level approach to protecting your vehicle.
- Recommendations include removing your keys from the vehicle and parking
in well-lit areas. The problem is, it's not always possible to park in
a well-lit, well-populated spot, and an experienced thief who wants
your car doesn't need keys to take it.
- Suggests the use of tire deflators and
warning decals, laminated glass, and
audible alarms. While these techniques can
deter or slow down theft, the problem is
that installing and removing tire
deflators is cumbersome, and with so many
false alarms, we're all beginning to
ignore car alarms.
- Suggests immobilizing devices, such as smart keys, fuse cut-offs and kills
switches. Mobiletrace provides this protection, enabling you to disable
your vehicle remotely, preventing it from being re-started once the
ignition is turned off.
- Recommends the installation of a tracking device. Mobiletrace provides Layer 4 of
protection, allowing you to track your vehicle using the largest
digital cellular network in the Western Hemisphere, down to a street
level address, a 24/7/365 call center to assit police in recoverying
your vehicle and most importantly...Peace of Mind.
In keeping with the NICB's recommendations Mobiletrace provides front-
line protection for your vehicle, the only protection you need to
locate, track, and recover your vehicle before it's too late.
Quicker Recovery Equals Better Outcome
MobileTrace finds a stolen vehicle faster, more reliably than any other anti-theft device on the market.
Here's why you should have a Mobiletrace system on your vehicle?
- An Atlanta woman and her husband were able to direct police to the
hard-to-find, dead-end street where their stolen car had been taken and
successfully recover their car, as well as valuables stolen from others
including IRS returns, and a wallet.
- A recently carjacked vehicle was tracked, located and disabled in under 12 minutes.
- A Detroit couple was able to recover their car in less than an hour after
it was stolen from their driveway—before it hit the chop shop.